Pages

A blog about my interest (obsession) for cemeteries.

March 13, 2014

Monroe Street Cemetery Gatehouse

Monroe Street Cemetery in Cleveland has been getting the gatehouse rebuilt thanks to the Monroe Street Cemetery Foundation and their tireless efforts convincing the City of Cleveland to repair the old city cemeteries.  Occasionally I drive by the cemetery and take photos of the progress of the deconstruction and reconstruction of the Gatehouse.  Here are some of my pictures of the progress.

19 May 2010

5 September 2013

16 October 2013

5 November 2013

9 January 2014

9 January 2014

27 February 2014


I will continue to update the photos until the gatehouse is complete and you can once again walk into the cemetery through the arch.  I can't wait!

When the weather warms up and you are anxious to get outside, stop by the Monroe Street Cemetery and see the newly built gatehouse.

~Susan

Your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment